Buy A New Computer
Here is a quick and easy guide to help you in decideing if you need a new computer or should you just tune up the one you have.
When Should You Buy A New Computer?
By: Jacob Erdei
As a computer repair expert I am often asked this question; should I buy a new computer or fix the one I have? Here are some tips and simple questions to ask yourself before you decide.
Does your current computer work? If not, and is it over 3 years old? Call around to your local computer repair shops and get an estimate on how much it might cost to fix or how much to look at it and see what it needs.
- You can join a free forum at: www.windowvistarepair.com. There you can learn which questions to ask when you call.After you have called around and gotten a good idea what it may cost you to fix your current computer, now I have some questions for you to ask yourself.
- If I get this computer fixed will it do everything I want it to do?
- Does it still run all the programs I want to use?
- What in the near future do you plan to use your computer for?
- Is the computer really slow because the new software programs are so advanced?
- If you stop and ask yourself what you use the computer for and what you plan on using it for in the next few years most of the time you can come to a simple conclusion.If your computer works but has started to slow down maybe you need a computer tune-up. Over time computers will start to slow down from programs we install on them and also from all the programs that are running in the background. Getting a system tune up can be a cheap way of speeding up and optimizing your computer.As Technology advances your computer will eventually become obsolete. For those of you out there running windows 98 ME or 2000 my answer to you is go buy a new computer.
If you are running XP and everything runs fine but the computer is slow check and see how much memory you have installed. If it is 256 or less you can boost your computer’s speed just by buying and installing another stick of memory. Contact your local computer shop with your computer model and they will be able to tell you what kind of memory to purchase.
For all your computer repair needs please go to http://www.windowvistarepair.com and join our free computer repair forum. You will get the expert advise you need to repair any computer issue you have for Vista, XP, ME, and 2000. We also have a section dedicated to notebooks and PC brands like Dell and HP.